Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Vacation 2008 - Day Eight - 15 July


Vacation 2008 - Day Eight - 15 July

Today was a very quiet day. I took a couple of kayak trips and Phyllis went out for a long trip this afternoon. The sun was filtered by the clouds, the humidity was low and the breeze very very nice.

Twice now I have had new appreciation for the disciples who “rowed all night” and were still in the middle of the lake. When the wind comes up on Sebago I cannot make my little kayak move forward. I row and row or stroke and stroke or paddle and paddle: but the best I can do is hold my position and wait for a lull. I have had to do that a few times when I was not on a lake.

The first two or three years at the mortuary were like that. Just kept doing what came to hand to do but no progress. More soldiers died, Hollywood Nazarene waited patiently and I had no idea when the winds would change. In the third year the wind started to change. My resignation from the ministry in Hollywood became final and two years later the Air Force made me a civilian chaplain. Forward movement at last. I wonder what is around the next point. More wind or maybe a safe harbor.

1 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger M said...

Thanks for the reminder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home