Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Vacation 2008 - Day One - 8 July

After a 4 month blogging hiatus I am taking leave, possibly of my senses certainly of my job. For two glorious weeks Phyllis and i are planning to sit by Sebago Lake in Maine and among very few other things I am attempting to blog the trip.

After a 13 hour marathon packing, cleaning, preparing, finding, losing, lawn mowing and gassing up session we left our home in Delaware at 9:45 pm.

We are on our way to Maine. With just one stop for a late-night burger king on the Jersey Pike we arrived in Yonkers, NY at 2 am. Courtesy of the Garmin we pulled up to a Marriott Inn and prayed that they had a room for one night; two people, two doubles NO SMOKING. They did at a $299/ night rate. “Is that the best you can do?” I asked. The answer, “The best I can do is $250”

I turned on the Garmin again and headed for the nearest Holiday Inn. Courtesy of hidden signs I pulled into the Yonkers Ramada. They had a room too, at $149. The reason that sounded cheap was because everything about the Yonkers Ramada was cheap. That included the cockroach I killed when Phyllis wasn’t looking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home