Monday, May 29, 2006

The Return Home

During this past week Kristin Harty, reporter for the Delaware News Journal, published a series of articles titled, “Losing Stephen.” I worked with this family for several hours when they came to observe their son's Dignified Transfer at Dover Air Force Base.

I remember too well their grief. But I also shared in the joy of Stephen’s story. I was the first to view the DVD that Stephen made just weeks before his death. He just wanted to tell a second grade class about his job in Iraq.

Kristin did a great job with this story and I encourage you to go to the link on the right titled "Losing Stephen". Plan for two or three sessions to interact with the story.

Kristin also interviewed me. I was not allowed to tell her that I had worked with this specific family but she did a great job of capturing an important part of my job as well as my heart. You can find that article at the link on the right: "The Return Home."

1 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger M said...

You represented your country and your God very well, Dave. We are blessed to have you there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home